Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Labyrinth of life- the way home




People talk of this new place, I feel there is something more. I see this new entrance and stare, ponder the new possibility of home. Some people talk of how hard it is to get through this labyrinth, and all the work you have to do. Finally I jump, a personal free fall through the enticing entrance. Everything is new, exciting and so marvelous. How did I not start this earlier, why had I never noticed the glowing entrance. A new world opens up, so do I. I start slowly watching my step, every step the most exciting step I ever took. I start to go faster and faster, getting everything along the way. This labyrinth is easy, I get it. I cant believe people talk of the obstacles and all the work. Every corner is the right choice, my confidence grows and grows. I start to grow in ways never thought possible. Soon I feel invincible, feel the end- Home I know its right around the corner. BAM- a dead end. How could this be, I get it? Do I get "it"? Standing at the road block, nowhere to go but back. I suck it up; after many affirmations and gaining some of the self doubt back, I turn around, I have to go several steps back and re-evaluate. Slowly I start again, retracing my steps until I see where I missed the turn. It seems so easy now... how did I miss something so easy. I take off, the labyrinth is a cake walk. Every turn, every corner is smooth. Intuition is guiding me, I have all the faith in the world. Confidence is at a peak, all answers are so easy- I get it, I finally get it. Stealth pace forward, self love uncovered and I know home is just around the corner. So much work put in, in such a short period. Flying now, I think this next bend is home. There is no bend. It's an in your face complete stop. This is not a regular stop. It is a slap in the face, you don't belong here, what are you thinking, what are you doing stop. Spirit disappears- leaves, along with every hope and aspiration ever felt. A shell now empty- faith not only tested and questioned, but loathed for even thinking there could be an end. This labyrinth is a joke, what was I thinking? Are all my discoveries made up? Is my new me- ME? Despondence and dis pare take over. I'd be masochistic to try and go any further. What's the point of this endless misery. After much time- much much time, a little light shines in the dark. A barely audible voice gives a much needed boost of confidence. I stare at the clouds, they look a little different, deep within myself I find the courage and strength to take a few steps back, then start again... Miracle start happening...

No comments:

Post a Comment